Well, last Saturday was the first official practice and yes, it was at 6:30am (as they all will be)! There were about 80 people that attended the practice. It was really quite amazing to see so many people there all for the same cause. They gave away some prizes....yes, I got one (not for my speed!) but for sending out emails about our site. I got a TNT mouse pad! (I know you are all jealous of it!)
So then we heard from the "Honored hero Captain." Honored heroes are people that have a blood cancer or are in remission. The "Captain's" child has been in remission for about a year, but talked about the worry of relapse and the continue worry until there is a cure. It was truly quite motivating to here and to remember why you were there that morning.
So, my friend Molly showed up too! I was so proud of her for making it and for signing up! So 3 miles was the run. We were timed for training purposes. Let me preface first by telling you speed has never been one of my assets and my goal is to finish this marathon. But I ran the 3 miles in 35 minutes and 13 seconds.....for me I thought that was pretty good for a kid that has only started exercising in the last 3 weeks. So they tell me that I should either run for 7 minutes and walk 1 minute or run 4 minutes and walk 3 minutes. I am shooting for the 7 minutes and walk 1 minute. This is just a suggested training platform, and it will could change as you get in better shape.
Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer at the gym that Derek and I joined! I am going to meet with him a few times to get me on track for training because I really want to be able to do the whole marathon and run majority of it if not all of it! It is a lofty goal but it is my goal.
Derek's ankle is still quite swollen, but we head back to the doctor on the 11th for a report! Hopefully he will be able to start doing some sort of exercise! He is going crazy not being able to do anything.
My Mom is doing well. Just tired! She came out to meet us at the river for a little bit this weekend, but there were no tubers due to the low water! Then it started raining, so not really a good trip to come down there. But she looked good, and said she felt pretty good.
So there we have it! Still trucking along....and still training away. I ran today and thought the heat and humidity might kill me over. Note to self....run early in the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment