Eight miles was the mileage yesterday and they said that there would be some hills on the course. So I thought "Hmm, hills. It won't be that bad." I was already a little nervous and tentative about the whole 8 mile thing and now they added hills to the course. I am thinking just a couple of them.....oh, no! I swear I never believed the whole statement of "uphill both ways" but I think that this was the case on Saturday. The first 2 miles were hills, and I would say about a total of 2 miles did not have hills. For a grand total of 6 miles of HILLS! I learned that I need to be training on some of those hills because I thought that I was going to collapse on one of them.
BUT....I did not collapse. I did FINISH the whole 8 miles in about 1 hour and 40 minutes!!! This was a personal record for me on distance. (And now every week after this will be too!) The last 2 miles I felt were the easiest of all of it and yes, I did get run down some of the hills finally!
I am not going to lie and say my body was not aching a little yesterday, but not quite as bad as I had thought it would be. Next week is 10 miles and I am hoping for less hills, but I do not think that will be the case.
I can honestly say that I was very proud of myself afterwards for finishing the course. I did feel good mentally and physically for pushing myself. So go ME!
Derek did attend practice yesterday. He walked a little more than half of the course. He said that he felt good, but running it was not an option yet. He goes back to the doctor for a check-up in a couple of weeks. He is swimming a lot to stay in shape, and he is doing a great job!
GOOD NEWS we have raised a combined total of $1,680.00 to date!!! We still have to raise $6,180 to meet our minimum goal, but we know we can do it!! We have to turn in all monies by October 11th to be able to go to the marathon! Remember no donation is too small and we greatly appreciate anything anyone can give to this cause! Thank you again to all those that have donated so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment