Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update....

Well, good news Derek was released to start working out slowly. So Derek is on the golf course today! I know that is hard to believe. He WILL be doing the marathon, so that is the good news. The doctor just said start slowly and do not re-sprain the ankle!

The run this previous Saturday was good. Except, I get to the park to run. I am talking to my friend, Molly, and putting on my Ipod. I have my earphones draped over my shoulder and go to plug them in......and Keke (the kitten) had eaten the plug off. Needless to say there was not going to be any music thanks to our new cat! Other than that, it was a 4 mile course (I had though it was suppose to be five...but I guess I was just preparing mentally!) and I ran it in about 49 minutes. Actually we do a run/walk intervals (the one I am on is run 4 minutes and walk 1 minute). Next Saturday is 6 miles! Good times. Hopefully it will not be so humid next Saturday! It was awful this past weekend.

I met with my trainer today, and we will start meeting twice a week together at least for the first couple of months. Go me! I did yoga last night and I had some opportunities with my yoga ability! It was challenging but very relaxing to say the least! I needed after the weekend.

My Mom and I are headed back to Houston tonight for her last chemo treatment before her testing. So this is a big one or at least in my mind. My Mom has been extremely tired from this past treatment. She said that she guess they were really putting chemo in her IV bag and it was not just water. Hopefully this next round will not be so hard on her. I think she is getting tired of being tired already. So we will do the usual tomorrow and Thursday, which is bloodwork, dr. appointments and 2 days of chemo. Hopefully we will fit some shopping in this time. Last time we both commented that we were not able to fit it in that Doctors got in the way of that.

And last but not least this week, my dear friend Brandi got engaged!!! Finally she will be tieing the knot with her long time boyfriend, Jeremiah!! So we are very happy for them and their new future together.

Keep the prayers coming for my Mom please, as the next few weeks will begin to be stressful because of the testing coming up and the last round of chemo of this cycle. If the tests come back ok at the end of the month then she will start her second cylce of chemo. So let's hope and pray it is all working on the tumor and cancer!

No comments: