Monday, July 31, 2006

10 miles down only 16.2 more to go....

Yes, Saturday was 10 miles. Unfortunately the course had 2 miles added to the back of the course of hills. So much for my luck with no hills last week. I am not going to lie....10 miles is HARD! And next week is 12 miles, I am sure along the same course of hills.

Well, this week I finished it in 2 hours and 23 minutes. Apparently I did not hydrate enough the day before so, I learned my lesson the hard way. About mile 3 I got goose bumps and chills that would not go away. I did not enjoy the feeling and it made the run all the more difficult. Next Friday, I will make sure I drink all the water I need before the run! Lesson learned!

I cannot explain to you what the experience has been like. It has been amazing so far, and each week gets a little more emotional for so many reasons. (You have a lot of alone time to think on those runs!) I think about how I am physically challenging myself each week, and honestly, I am quite proud of myself at the end of the run (no matter what pain I am feeling from it)! I think about the potential help and research from the funds that we (as a team) are raising, and I PRAY that it is one step closer to help my Mom and so many others with cancer. The stresses of life seem to fade in the distance as I am just trying to focus and conquer the mileage and hills (which seem like mountains) ahead of me. For the moment in time, my life seems simple and worry free. It is very cliché but it is how I get through the mileage and each Saturday practice. I think about all the LOVE and SUPPORT that has been given to my Mom, Dad, Derek and myself. I am absolutely AMAZED at the outpour both from the emotional side to the financial donations that have been made. When I feel tired or think “what the heck am I doing,” I think it could be worse. It always could be worse. Life is not that bad. We have so many blessings to count, and that is what gets me through each day and each run. So I thank each and everyone for being there for all of us. I hope one day I can give back to what you all have given to us.

So, pray for me as I conquer 12 miles next week. It will be TOUGH and I am a little nervous about next Saturday.

THANK YOU to all those that have donated this past week. We got lots of fun checks in the mail and lots of donations online!!! It is so exciting. I will post what we have raised as soon as I get it all calculated!!

No comments: