Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Day One.....

Training started today.....well for me anyways. The "official" training starts on July 1st, but I figure I need the head start to get ready. So I am in Houston right now with my Mom because she starts Chemo tomorrow! I decided to go up to Rice University to run on their track. It was nice and safe....2 requirements that I have in Houston. I ran/walked...more walked briskly for 2.9 miles in 40 minutes. I am not going to lie and say it was easy because it was not, but I figure it will get easier as the days go on. I plan to do it all over again in the morning before we head over to MD Anderson for the treatments and appointments, with the expectation that I will be able to move in the morning. HA!

I just wanted to post that I have started the "training" process. Derek is in Atlanta this week, so I am not sure how his training is going with work and travel, but I am sure he is doing it.

My Mom is doing well. She got her port today with no complications. Hopefully her first treatment goes well and she does not have any reactions and is able to handle the drugs well. I will keep everyone updated!

-Crystal

No comments: