Yesterday was hot and humid even at 6:30am. Luckily about an hour into the run a breeze came along that at least helped out. By that time I was sweating so much that I am not sure how much it helped out.
So, as I was running yesterday I was thinking about what I would write on the blog (hey, it passes the time!). I thought I would share just a random list of what I thought about...these are in no particular order:
- This sucks! Why am I doing this? (This thought I think occurred at about mile 13 when I was wishing to be finished!)
- I saw a first...there were bikers flying past me while I was running. This guy had his small dog in a backpack on his back. Why? Really, the dog is not getting any exercise so what is the point exactly.
- The city of San Antonio needs to get out here and clean up the road kill. I was not really paying that much attention to the lovely pavement ahead of me and almost tripped over a dead wild pig. No Joke! It pretty much scared me because I did not see it until I was right up on it.
- I smell! Yes, you know you have severe body odor when the wind shifts and you smell something horrible. There is no one else around you and there are no dead animals....it was just me.
- Which hurts worse to run or walk? This question was never really answered yesterday. (Today it just hurts! Feet are killing me! Derek has been giggling at me all morning as I am attempting to walk around the house!)
- I REALLY do not want to go to work! (Yes, I worked last night....not too much fun. I do milk the whole running thing with my tables for tips...sometimes it works!)
- Which do I want more...shower, food or nap? Got all 3 but not long enough on the nap part!
- I did sing to myself on the last 4 miles. I DEFINITELY made sure no one was around to witness my horrible singing. It was similar to whole singing in the car by yourself but I was not moving as fast.
- When I would pass a speed limit sign...I wondered if someone had a radar gun would I even show up on it for a speed. Derek told me probably not.
- I am running/walking 18 miles...only 8.2 more miles and that is a marathon! WOW!
- At one point I though it had started raining during the run. Well, I looked around and did not see any rain drops on the ground. I realized it was sweat dripping off the brim of my visor. (I never said to be the smartest cookie at times!)
- It feels better to run on the grass than the cement, but I am scared that I will turn my ankle on the grass.
- It is DARK at 6:30am when we run...not a big fan of that. I can't see where we are going.
- Do people really enjoy this or do they just enjoy the feeling of accomplishment? I think you can guess my answer.
And finally my favorite part of 18 miles is .....water stops, stretching and that it is over.
So there we have it. 18 miles are accomplished...next up is 20 miles. This is in 2 weeks. This is the longest distance before the actual marathon. Scary!
Until the next time....hope all have a great weekend and week. Remember to donate. Time is running out! It will help a great cause....and it helps Derek and I stay motivated!
1 comment:
good job! thanks for the run down. i remember walking 7 miles in my prime. can't even imagine how great you must feel with your running so far. i can't say enough how proud i am of you both for your committment.
love, jan (mom)
Post a Comment