Monday, August 07, 2006

The longest day ever....

So Saturday could have been one of the longest days that I have had in a LONG time!

So 12 miles was knocked out that morning, and then I had the privilege to go work an 11 1/2 hour shift afterwards. Derek said, "It was poor planning." I did not think it would be that bad....but it was. By the end of the night, I was not a happy camper nor did my body want to continue to move.

But I rewind to my run. I FINISHED ALL 12 MILES!! I finished it in 2 hours and 40 minutes. This was actually my goal and I made it. My pace was a 13 minute and 20 second mile.... I have never claimed to be speedy. But I did have a faster pace than the 10-mile run. It could have been the pasta, water and bagel.... and NO chills that day. Whatever it was...it made me "fast." Fast is a relative term. (Oh, and I have given up on the idea that the course will change and the hills will disappear. They are here to stay.)

12 miles was a challenge, but I felt much better than I did when I ran 10 miles. I hit a "wall" at mile 5, but bounced back as much as my body allowed me to do so.

I think the work was more of a challenge then the run by the end of the day! Sunday my body had some opportunities. Moving was not easy to say the least! I am feeling much better today then I did. I almost skipped workout today.... but my friend, Brandi, would not let me do so! Thanks!

So next week we go back down to 10 miles! Then we jump to 14 miles! Whoa! We have recommitment coming up which means we have to have a minimum amount of our goal met and say we are going to the marathon. Derek and I both have decided to do the FULL marathon….. all 26.2 miles!!! I figure I ran almost half of a marathon this past Saturday so heck what is a “few” more miles!!

After our marathon, we will be heading up to Napa Valley for a little R&R. We are so excited about the trip with all that we have planned, but first we have to continue to tackle our Saturday 6:30 am practices!

Thanks for the donations that are still coming in! We appreciate it! Remember, no donation is too small and the $7,800 minimum goal is just that a minimum. We are getting close to the minimum, but we are hoping to raise as much money as we can for cancer research, awareness and support!

No comments: