Well, we made it back from Houston last night. We (or should maybe me) detoured us a little with some shopping at Ikea and other places. But I paid the price because I dropped my phone on the cement and it is no more!
But I digress. The trip to Houston was GOOD, well as good as they can be. My Mom had been symptom free for the past 5 days before we went. She said that she had actually felt better than she had in a long time! So it was good....she is still sassy, like all of us though! Her blood work was good. It was at normal levels for magnesium and potassium...so no extra time spent in the chemo treatment for extra vitamins. Also, her red blood cells were up from last time, and they were almost at normal levels!
Her dosage stayed the same, although one of the doctors wanted to up it back to where it was. Apparently you cannot do that after it is lowered in a clinical trial. My Mom, the nurse and I laughed that he wanted to stick it to her since she felt a lot better. The doctors and nurse were pleased with how she looked and her attitude.
She has been eating better than she has in a long time, so hopefully it will maintain after this treatment. We even went to get ice cream one night we were there. It was my urging for the ice cream....not hers, but she still had some!
As usual we had some good conversations, laughs and "our little moments." I keep threatening her that I will fully divulge some of the conversations on the blog if she is not nice to me. So maybe one day, I will if she gets too sassy! Overall it was a good trip and we made the best of it all. So we head back again on August 30th for her chemo again. This will be the last chemo infusion before the next CT Scan and tests. So lots of prayers for good news again!!!
Side note....tomorrow is 14 miles for the marathon training. Let's hope that I make it. Derek is playing golf all weekend...I know that surprises people. So it is just the run and I this week. We have OFFICIALLY recommitted to doing the FULL 26.2 miles on October 22nd. We have also guaranteed that we will raise the remaining funds needed to go to the marathon. So we still need donations....remember no donation is too small and it will help so MANY people!
Thank you all for the cards, prayers, emails and love! We are grateful for so much in our life and we appreciate it all.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hopefully the heat will subside soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment