Tuesday, August 22, 2006

14 miles and still alive!


So, I apologize for not getting out my information after my marathon practice on Saturday, but I was waiting for the photo to prove that I am still alive and was at practice!! So, this is me after 14 miles on Saturday. I literally thought my feet could have fallen off and it would have felt better! It was hot on Saturday, and it took me about 3 hours to finish the 14 miles. I am still at the same pace that I have been. If I stay at this pace the marathon will take me 5 hours and 43 minutes to complete! (I will be finished by 1pm on marathon day!!)

I felt pretty good during the whole run/walk, except for my heel and feet. Apparently, I might be getting some "runner's heel." It just is really sore. So being the smart individual I am, I put my new insoles in my shoes to see if it helped. Nope did not help, but it did cause blisters across 4 of my toes. Needless to say the insoles have come out of my shoes.

We ran at a new course this past Saturday. The hills were more at a gradual incline then the ones from previous weeks, but we still get to run those every other week. Lucky me! By the way, there are a lot of people that are out exercising early in the morning in San Antonio. This week there were tons of bikers training for the MS 150. I was wishing for a bike on the run when they would go whizzing past me down a hill. I did not so much wish for a bike when they were struggling up the hills though.

Next week, we go back down to 10 miles and then up to 16 miles! Derek and I actually will not be attending the practice this Saturday (the first one I have missed!). It is our 5 year anniversary on Friday, and we are going to a wedding in Austin on Friday. So we are taking Saturday off from 6:30am practice.

Sorry, for me not posting anything about the previous 10 mile run. I had a bad day that day, and I walked the 10 miles. I did it, but there was no running. I will not do that again because it took me an hour longer, I was bored and different things rub when walking as opposed to running. It was not a good practice/day for me. So I am much better now!

Well, Wednesday is recommitment. There is a celebration and we get more information about the next couple of months. It is right around the corner. I cannot believe it. I am getting nervous and very excited about the whole trip. I am also a little nervous about not getting all of our money raised to go to the marathon. So if you have not donated....now is the time to pitch in against the fight against cancer!

Lastly, say a little prayer for my friend, Molly. She is the friend that is running the marathon in San Antonio in honor of my Mom. She just found out this week that she has a stress fracture on her foot. She can still train right now but no running for a few weeks. She should still be able to complete the marathon in San Antonio in November, but I know she is a little upset with the set back!

All right hope everyone is well. Thanks for reading my weekly ramble!! Have a great week!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: