Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reflection...

Today, is one of those days. Those days when you are just tired and wonder why the baby will not sleep. What is going on with him? Why is he refusing foods that he once liked? Etc., Etc.
A day full of frustrations fueled by a sleepless night and an early morning.

Then, this comes across on my Twitter account: "please pray http://tinyurl.com/lh2xwn Sara is having tests done@10 to see if she's brain dead,has 2wk old!!" Ironically enough, I had just started reading this blog last night. I was starting at the beginning and working toward getting up to date. Here is the short version: Young couple in love. Find out they are expecting a baby. Mother finds out she has breast cancer a week later. Treatments begin. She delivers a healthy baby. Complications arise after delivery. Now she is fighting for her life and may be dying and leaving her 2 week old baby and husband.

It made me stop. Stop and reflect. Look over at my little man and gaze at him a little longer. Hug him a little tighter and longer. Forget about the lack of sleep or him fighting me to take a much needed nap. It humbled me. It made me have tears roll down my cheeks at the thought of the situation this new family is in. It made me take a moment and remember how truly grateful I am for our family.

Tomorrow, is my Mom's birthday. Maybe all of this is stemmed from that as well. I miss her. I miss her a lot. There are days when I am angry. Days when I am just sad. And days I just wish she could meet Landon and just sit and talk with her. Ask her advice. Thank her for all the sacrifices that I am learning as a mother that she made for us. I did not truly know to thank her for that until Landon came along.

Tears are flowing now...been a long time since one of these "posts." Maybe a little over due. So I am off to hug my precious baby and remember that I am truly blessed, despite the heartache that I am feeling right now.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Thinking of you.