Thursday, June 04, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

So Mother's Day was almost a month ago but who is really keeping track of this blog anyways?? It was a pretty laid back day, but a great one! We worked outside on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday Derek had to work, so Landon and I hung out all day. Recovering from all the work outside, I think. Derek and Landon gave me some sweet cards. Oh, and I got my Baby Hawk carrier too! (Well, I got it promised to me. I actually just got it a couple of days ago!) 
It was kind of surreal to think of myself as a Mom. I mean I know I am one, but it is still a very new uncharted feeling at times. I can ABSOLUTELY say without a single doubt, that I LOVE being a Mom. It has been so fun, and I have felt so very lucky to have Landon as my son. He is such a joy to be around and we do not take the days for granted that we have to snuggle and love on him.
I missed my own Mom though on Mother's Day. Still strange not to have her around and especially now during this new chapter in our lives. I know she would love Landon to pieces. I tell Landon all about her and he will know who she is, but it still does not replace her being here. 
So it was a bittersweet day....but mostly sweet because we got to take a big long nap together. :)
Here a photos right before we laid down to nap. 

Say, "Cheese!"

 
It looks like Landon is reaching for help. 

There are the sweet little giggles! 

 
Mommy enough already. Let's take the nap!

Oh and I meant to add that I found this Mommy's prayer on someone else's blog and thought I would share. Reminded me of my own mom and what is in store for us.
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Getting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I seen then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

Photos taken May 11, 2009
Our first Mother's Day
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love the 'say cheese' pic of you two. It is adorable! and the reaching for help one is h-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l!!!