So, I have lots of people in my life that have influenced me. BUT I do not have another Derek in my life. He is amazing in so many ways. Our love for each other has grown for each other over the years, but it seems to have grown in leaps and bounds since Landon's arrival.
He is an AMAZING father to Landon. I always knew he would be a great dad, but to watch him with our son is more than I could ever dream of. When he is home with him...he is with him. Landon has his undivided attention and vice versa. The silly songs and stories he does with Landon always bring a smile to our faces. It never gets tiresome. Derek is willingly to help out whenever he is needed.
I know Landon is going to grow up to be a great friend, man and one day husband & daddy because of Derek's influence. I feel so completely BLESSED to have them both.
Derek has accepted me for the person I am. He has been through tons of things with me from tribulations to celebrations. There are many things that looking back would have been difficult to overcome if he was not by my side. So I thank him. I thank him for loving me, for being my best friend, for giving me our son and for the years and memories we have to come.
I thank him for giving me the best gift ever, and that is being able to stay home with Landon each and every day. Thank you for all you do for myself, Landon and our Family.
I love you Derek.

4 comments:
that was pretty sweet cmo. you made me cry at work. i love you.
derek
ohhh...I'm am crying too...so sweet. I agree!! Derek is great :)
i think he is pretty lucky to have you, too. he is a better man because of YOU, crystal!
i am not anonymous--. i just can't get the blog to recognize me! hope i have it resolved now.
Post a Comment