Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am a BIG boy now...

Well, the time has come to start solid foods in our house...for Landon that is. I was waiting until after vacation and for him to turn 6 months. Both have already come and gone. (I know Derek posted some pictures and videos already, but of course we have more!) 
He seems to like the rice cereal and being able to see a new "view" in the highchair. He likes being able to reach the dogs from above them. 
We are starting the green veggies this weekend...as soon as I get them made up. Yes, I am going to make the baby food. I figure it is cheaper, better for him and will offer more variety of foods that he can try. I even have a handy dandy food maker on the way. It is called the Beaba Babycook
We also had our 6 month check-up this week! Wow! He weighs 15 pounds 15 oz (in about 17th percentile), 28 inches long (in about the 91st percentile) and 17 inches 1/4 head (about the 50th percentile). He is healthy, happy and developmentally on track. He was talking away to the doctor and giggling of course too. He was not giggling when it came time for shots though...poor guy! 
He is doing and trying to do lots of new things each day. So here is a run down of things Landon is doing or trying.
Trying so hard to sit-up. He will sit-up on his own for a little bit if we help him in that position.
No teeth still. Just lots of drool and chewing. 
Lots of rolling over and moving all over the place. No crawling yet, but he is still able to end up in another place.
Lots of talking and giggles. He is ticklish too. He closes his eyes when he giggles now.
He loves being sung to. He also loves his Daddy's silly made up songs. (So do I!) 
Lots of reaching, grabbing and pulling going on these days.
Loves the water!! We start swim lessons in a little over a week or so. I think he will enjoy it. He is definitely worn out after a trip to the pool or Schlitterbahn. 
Loves the kitties and dogs. AND surprisingly they all allow him to pull and grab at him without any consequences. 
Loves to blow bubbles and make new sounds. Right now he is making one that sounds like a pig. It is funny. I laugh every time he does it. Which makes him laugh and do it more. 
Loves playing the mirror. Reaches and grabs for his reflection or ours.

I am sure there are more, but my brain is tired from all the blogging today. 
So below are some pictures from Landon's first adventures with real food...or rice cereal anyways. 


 "Mom, do I have something on my face?"

 
"I am not sure about this. What are you trying to give me?"

Hmmmm..... 

 
Bath time after our first meal.

All photos taken 6/22/09
Posted by Picasa

No comments: