Thursday, April 30, 2009

So much to say...

Swines, patios, check-ups, first overnight stay, boot camp and more...
That has been our week in a nutshell. Where to begin??
Well, for starters Landon had his 4 month check-up this past week. He weighs 14 lbs 2 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long! Wow! He got his second round of shots and was not a fan of them again. He is doing well in all areas and apparently is going to be a tall boy. 
On the same day, we had a family first. Landon went to spend the night with the Dodd Grandparents. Yes, all by himself. Derek and I stayed at the Horseshoe Bay Resort for the night. Derek had a meeting there, so we tagged along for a day. I was ok with it until I was putting him in the car, and then it hit me that he was leaving me. I know it was just for 14 hours but still it was a first to be with out him in a very long time. Apparently he did very well, and I got the BEST night of sleep that a girl could ask for. So it was a success all the way around and everyone survived. Now we all know that we can do it. 
I also started Boot Camp this past Monday, but now it has been put on hold for the Swine Flu. I will be going 3 days a week at 5:30am for an hour workout. It was not as bad as I had imagined it but definitely not easy. I am excited about it and looking forward to it. I will keep you updated on any progress. We start back May 11th when schools get back in session.
Oh, and the swine....
Yes, schools here have closed until May 11th along with other various activities and buildings. It is a bit crazy. Apparently even some grocery stores were running out of some staples because of it. I did not see that problem yesterday when I went, except for Lysol/Clorox Wipes. The shelves were empty.
We are just being cautious. Call me paranoid or she is a new mom, but I am not taking chances. We are just going to stay house bound for a while. Luckily there is plenty that needs to be done around here. 
And finally! Our patio cover is being built this week. So EXCITED!!! Hopefully it will be done by the weekend and I can paint it while Nana is down to visit Landon. I will take some pictures tonight and post. I cannot wait to be able to go out there with Landon and have some much needed shade in the backyard!!
So that is the big update around here.



 
I like to eat the pillow now....yummy!
 
Mommy, seriously can you take anymore pictures of me??

 
Hanging out in the sun at Pa's office.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: