Thursday, April 02, 2009

Our little road trip...

So since D is out of town for "work" in Vegas, L and I took a road trip to see some Grandparents. We made the trip to Kingsland (near Marble Falls) today. It takes about an hour and a half to get there and of course, we left about 30 minutes late this morning. Surprise! But we made it just in time for lunch and the yummy chocolate cake. (Yes, it is good and has about a pound of butter in it!) 
L was happy to see both Don and Robbyn today. He broke out his smile and talked away to them. BUT he would not roll over when I put him down to do it. Luckily I do have proof he did do it. 

After lunch we went on a little more driving through the hill country. L sleeps in the car so it is usually not a problem to go tooling around for a drive. We went by the bald eagle nest outside of Llano. No eagles, but still neat to see. Here are some of Robbyn's photos of the Eagles It is pretty amazing that they live there for part of the year. The nest itself weighs a TON...literally. They also had 2 babies this year. 

Anyways, we went on to Mason to go to a winery and to the Mason Jar (a store). I had a glass of wine and the Mason Jar had closed down. So much for that part! :) But I learned that there are bats that live near Mason. In fact it is one of the 10 largest populations in the WORLD! So we are gonna have to make a trip back to see them come out of the cave sometime when they arrive from Mexico. A little creepy but interesting. Also, apparently the author of Old Yeller is from Mason. So even though the Mason Jar was closed the day was not wasted on the trip to Mason. 

We had fun and glad we made the drive to see Don and Robbyn. Again not sure who enjoyed it more L or them. Thanks for the fun day guys!!

Here are some photos I snapped at the winery of Don and L.
By the way, L is wide awake as I type this because of his napping in the car on the way home....hopefully he sleeps tonight. 





Doing what he does best these days...eating his fingers.

I think they might turn into wrinkled fingers soon.

Don "adjusting" L

I promise I feed the kid. :)

Proud Grandpa and L trying to figure out where we are. 

Photos taken April 2, 2009