friends this week. It was our first trip with L and the 2 dogs AND all
of the STUFF! We are on our way home as I type this, so hopefully the
ride back is as smooth as the trip up. The baby slept and the dogs
slept during 90% of the trip....so fingers crossed it is a repeat on
the way back.
THANK YOU to everyone that was able to come out to the party for
Landon. And for those that could not make it, we missed you and we
will see you the next time. We had a wonderful time and hopefully
everyone got to hold and love on Landon that wanted to. I know there
was a line for a while. Sorry we did not get to visit with everyone,
but let's face it you all came to see the baby and not us! Ha ha!
By the time the night was over, little Landon was TIRED! He had no
problem going to sleep that night or sleeping through the night. There
is no telling what he was thinking by seeing so many people, but he
was a trooper all night. I think all the kisses and loving on him just
made him happier.
THANK YOU to Jan for hosting so many people in her home. We had a
great time seeing and visiting with friends and family that we had not
seen in so long. Jan (aka NANA) was so happy and excited to have
everyone meet her grandson. You could not tell she was proud of him at
all. (That was sarcasm for those wondering!) It is sweet. I can tell
Landon is beginning to recognize her voice, touch and scent more and
more. He gets to sleep for hours on her chest and I am not sure who
loves it more. Landon might have her wrapped around her finger already.
Also, Great Aunt Kathryn Dodd brought Landon his rocker. THANK YOU!!!
We LOVE IT!! You are so sweet to us! (See post below about the
rocker.....that I have been meaning to post since December!)
Landon got to meet both of his Great-Grandmothers this week too.
Granny Hall (Jan's Mother) was able to love and kiss on him a couple
of times. He loved it. He just laid there and listened to her. I think
they both could have stayed that way for a long time if we let them.
Landon is her 18th Great Grandchild....I believe. Granny is such a
sweet and wonderful woman. She has never met a stranger I don't think.
She is the definition of what a Granny is and EVERYONE loves her. I
love listening to her stories...true or not. She is a wonderful story
teller and always has an anecdote for something. I just want to visit
with her for hours. Love her lots and I feel so luck to have her in
our life.
We also took him to meet Granny Ice (My Mom's Mother). Granny has
Alzheimer's but it was a really good visit. We stayed and visited for
about an hour or so. She kept trying to hold him and kept squeezing on
his hands. Landon was sitting on her bed with her and she would kiss
his hands and mine every now and then. It was sweet. Reminded me a lot
when I was a little girl and stayed with my Granny. Or when Granny
would love on the new babies in the family. She kept saying he was
cute baby, invited us to dinner, asked Derek who he was a few times,
and kept saying "Let me see that baby," when we would try to leave. I
know some of you wonder if it makes me sad, and yes, it does. I miss
my Mom a lot and wish she was here to meet Landon. But having moments
like these are special to me. It brings comfort because I know on some
level my Granny knew who I was and who this baby was (Maybe that is
me, but that is what I choose to believe.) It also reminds me of what
my Mom would be like with Landon. Through the past few months I have
remembered more and more about my childhood with my Mom. The times she
would hold me and sing different songs to me. that I am now doing with
Landon. Neither one of us have a good singing voice, but I do not see
Landon as the next "American Idol," so I think it is ok.
So again thank you to all the family and friends who came out and
again sorry if we did not get to visit with everyone. But please know
it meant a lot to both Derek and I to see you. We hope to be back
sooner than later for another visit and hopefully a little longer. I
am not sure the dogs will make the next trip or not. They are WORN out
from being at the farm. Ever since the night of the party, they are
still trying to recover. They could barely walk Tuesday night once
everyone left. They were sore and not in farm dog shape. (Of course
there are pictures of them too!!) Hopefully all the HOT DOGS they got
fed that night are not something that will come to expect. We know
they got at least 8 hot dogs....no telling how many more they actually
got. I guess not too many because luckily they did not get sick that
night from them and whatever else they found to eat. Yes, they are our
first babies and we still LOVE on them just as much....and they still
sleep in bed with us and Landon.
I have a few photos of the night. I know some of you commented on
Landon being the "most photographed" baby, so to add to his collection
you can check out the ones below.
No comments:
Post a Comment