Well after a long nap on Saturday, Derek and I went to the Comal County Rodeo with my parents. Apparently, Derek had never been to a rodeo prior to this night. So he got to experience it after the 20 mile run that day. We had fun as always. We took this picture after the rodeo...as everyone was trying to leave and pass in front of the camera. (That is why we are laughing or not looking at the camera.)I failed to post information about my Mom's last chemo treatment at MD Anderson. She completed her 8th treatment, and her bloodwork was good again. The Doctor's were still pleased with her tolerance, appearance and lab results from this past trip. Her blood pressure did get high on the second day of chemo. She had to take some medicine and be monitored for an hour after treatment. This is one of the possible side effects of the treatment. She is fine, and she said she felt fine that morning as well. We leave to go back on Oct. 10th for treatment number 9.
By the way...for those concerned, we (or I) did get a recliner on day 1 of chemo, but on day 2 I got the office chair. I took a picture of what the recliner looks like, and I will post it later. My Mom actually brought a camera this trip to take pictures of me in the recliner. I am sure the nurses were wondering what the heck we were doing...but that is always a question when we are together that people ask.
1 comment:
so derek didn't go find a $1 hat at wal-mart? i was waiting to see a picture of THAT!
love, mom
Post a Comment