Thursday, February 19, 2009

Landon's Trip to Luckenbach

Crystal, Landon and I went on a little road trip on Tuesday.



First we met Dad and Robbyn to enjoy a day of shopping (yippee), walking around and drinking a few cold ones in Fredericksburg. It is a cool little town that is fun to explore (except for the shopping). Landon had his first round of shots that morning so he pretty much slept the entire time.



After lunch and shopping (and cookies) we headed over to the mystical and magical Luckenbach, Texas (without Willie and Waylon and the boys). It is a cool little place that has a million things to do. Did I say a million? I meant two. Drink beer and listen to music. Those are definitely not two bad things though. There were a ton of people there for a Tuesday. Dad was intent on parading Landon around the general store to show him off to his Luckenbach buddies (Dad and Robbyn are pretty much fixtures and the place). He introduced Landon to quite a few folks.



Another necessary task that needed to be completed was a picture of Landon in the Luckenbach bathroom. Yes, you heard me correct. We held him up over the trough style urinal and took a picture of my son. Why, you ask? I will tell you. There are license plates lining the walls in the bathroom and people sign their names while flushing their used cold beer down the drain. One name in a prominent place is "Landon Dodd". No kidding, it is true. I've seen with my own eyes many a time. I've posted a picture to verify its existence.



Here are all the photos:




Dad, me, Landon, Crystal and Robbyn outside the bar in Luckenbach
Me changing Landon on the picnic table next to the bathroom
Changing Landon (you can't see it in the picture but there is a coffee can for cigarettes that says "butts" next to the carseat) Haha - that's a pun
Landon in the bathroom. This is for real.
Robbyn, Landon and Dad

1 comment:

Robbyn said...

he is going to be SO happy with you someday.