- Why is it that when you are in a shopping center parking lot that people do not yield to pedestrians? Are they in that big of a hurry and if so why are they in a shopping center? I thought it was Christmas time, and it was a time of giving? What happened to common courtesy to letting someone cross the street?
- I had to go to Central Market to pick up some things and I admit I do not shop there often....I would if it was closer to my house. I just think it is a fun grocery store. But I digress. So after my purchases I took them to the car. I went back in to get something for lunch...so many choices. I opted for the salad bar. I prepared my salad and weighed it with the salad dressing (just like the sign at the bar clearly stated). The woman in front of me weighed her salad and then made her side of dressing. She did not weigh it...so therefore, she did not pay for it. Why? It would be maybe $.25! Really?! I do not get it! It really bothered me....I know very trivial but leads me to my next observation.....
- At Central Market.....there is a spot with candies, nuts, olives, etc. that one can purchase by the pound. Why do people think that they can sample all of these things without paying for it? First I think it is disgusting that people use their hands to directly contact the food and not the serving scoop (that is a completely different topic). But to take a "handful" and eat and then weigh your bag. I just do not get it. Pay for it.
- Road Rage....I do not chase anyone down but will name call in my car at them. So, I am on my way home from San Antonio and apparently a wreck occurred on the highway, which caused 3 lanes of bumper-to-bumper traffic. Well I am in the far right lane....hoping to be able to exit and avoid the congestion....no such luck by the way. My irritations are two things. One, why do people drive over the bar ditch or entrance ramps to get off the highway? Do they not realize there is on coming traffic or laws against it? Do they not think that they will get hit cause another accident and yet another traffic jam? Second irritation....big pet peeve. Do not pass me on the shoulder. Where are you going? Never mind it is not a lane but really where are you headed? I want to get home or to my destination too! So I pulled part of my car over the shoulder/lane so people would stop passing me. I was not completely over but I thought enough to deter them. Well not enough because a GRAVEL TRUCK passed me on the shoulder. Then he shot me this glare of what was I doing! He drove 1/2 mile to the exit on the shoulder. I was irritated to say the least. (Don't know if the irritation comes through the computer screen or not!)
So that is my rants/observations for yesterday.
2 comments:
Cmo,
you are freaking hilarious.
Derek
I totally agree with all of your observations!! Seriously annoying! I always see old people just picking through the grapes at the grocery store and having a little snack. Gross. So I always pick the grapes at the bottom of the stack where I'm hoping no one's hands have been! I've been enjoying your blogs! I'm always praying for you guys, especially during this Christmas time! Take care of yourself!
Love, Elizabeth
Post a Comment