So, I am wondering if this is just me that has this feeling around Christmas. Everywhere you turn there is a Salvation Army kettle with someone ringing the bell. Don't get me wrong I am not bashing on this at all....that is not my point of this blog at all.
I am one of those people that when I walk past someone selling something, I am able to just ignore them and proceed into the store or to my destination. BUT...for some reason at Christmas time when I walk past the red kettle with that volunteer standing their ringing the bell for hours on end....I feel the need to reach into my pocket and donate. Sometimes I donate going into the store and then coming back out of the store, especially if it is a different person standing there. I want to make sure they know I am giving. Now, I do not merely donate just because I want to feel good or think it is the right thing to do. I think I give because it is part of the Christmas spirit. I know there are people out there that do not have much or are worse off than I am or could imagine.
I guess for me, I wonder how could one not reach into their pocket and pull out some change and drop into the bucket? Do they not feel bad about not giving back? Obviously they are entering a store to purchase something so they have some money to indulge in. So why can they not pay it forward to someone a little less fortunate? I don't know maybe it is just me with this mind set. I just feel that at especially this time of year is a time to count your blessings. Don't get me wrong, it has been difficult to count those blessings this year...but in my head I know that I am blessed. It is sometimes difficult to get my heart to agree.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment