I am sick. Really, I am!!
So, do you think Landon looks sick or not?? Well, apparently this little guy has strep believe it or not. We went to the doctor today, and he tested positive for strep. Yep, no fever or fussiness. The PA was not even going to give the test because everything looked fine and appeared ok. She asked if I wanted it. I said might as well do it because if I do not then I will second guess myself. Also, told her he probably has it because I do not think he does. Yep, five minutes later....we have a positive test result and our first rounds ever of antibiotics. So, Derek and I both got tested and luckily we are strep free.
So, what prompted this visit if Landon was not showing any signs? Well, I called the doctor yesterday because Landon has been refusing to eat the solid foods. He was doing fine eating them and would in fact eat all of the portions. Then the last 5 feedings he just quit eating them. He would turn away and if we did get the spoon of food to his mouth, he would blow bubbles in it or spit it out on him and us! Fabulous! So I was just calling for any suggestions to see what they would tell me. They called me back and said it could be a sign of strep. Strep is going around and I should bring him in to get tested today. Really? So, of course I made the appointment to bring him to be tested.
So our poor little sick baby is house confined until Saturday. Only so he does not contaminate other people...not because he is acting sick.
Hopefully all future sicknesses will be like this. Wishful thinking I am sure!
Don't kiss me on the mouth, Daddy! I have strep!
Photos taken July 2, 2009



2 comments:
Yay! He looks so sweet! Sorry you didn't get any sleep...bummer. I was worried he was feeling really icky, but he looks as peppy as ever. Happy 4th!
It's so hard not to kiss sick babies! Jack never has symptoms of ear infections, he just stops eating. Hope you had a fun 4th!
Post a Comment