Saturday, November 22, 2008

Long Time no Post.....

So, I decided it is finally time to get back into the blogging world. I have been reading lots of blogs, but have not been posting. So maybe after this one I will get back into the swing of things. I figure with the baby approaching I will have lots to blog about but little time to actually do it.

Yes, I am 37 weeks pregnant. AND we cannot wait to meet our baby. Derek and I are so excited about its upcoming arrival. Which leads me to this blog and what motivated me to finally blog....pregnancy and people.
Let's just point out all the strange things people do when you are pregnant and some of the strange things I have noticed about pregnancy (promise, I will not be graphic in my post.).

  1. First....WHY do people want to touch and rub your belly?? I mean really is that fascinating. It is very CREEPY....let me repeat CREEPY. It is not bad when it is close friends and family but random strangers....REALLY? You are gonna walk up to me and not speak and just starting rubbing my belly. YES it has happened on more than one occasion and it is one of those moments where you are like this is not happening and what is so fascinating. And I do not think the baby likes it because he/she never kicks or moves when these freaks start doing this....thank goodness because that might be encouragement for them. Ok...enough about that.
  2. I did not know until recently that you have "skinny" pregnant jeans and "fat" pregnant jeans. Oh, every woman...and man has those jeans that are for fat or skinny days. I just expected all jeans for pregnancy to be for "fat" days.....but let's just say my jeans are taking a little more maneuvering to get into these days. Good thing there are not zippers are buttons on them.
  3. I LOVE feeling the baby in my tummy.....but I do not love the feeling of a foot in the ribs or pressing on my lungs and not being able to breath.
  4. I am not a woman that loves pregnancy. Do not get me wrong...I feel very blessed and there are some things that I do really like about pregnancy, but overall it is hard and can be strange at times. Morning sickness....is the worst thing ever.
  5. Why does Derek giggle at me when I waddle? Or when I try to get off the couch or bed? :) I am sure it is funny....and his giggle is cute.
  6. Hormones....need I say more. I think they are getting more free flowing these days especially with the emotions and irritability. Derek would probably agree. :)

Ok, I think that is probably enough of my pregnancy rambling....I could go on but it would become a little more graphic and for the sake of everyone I will spare people from that.

So hopefully I will be back sooner than later to the blogging world. Maybe next post will be while I am labor trying to distract myself. :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mai said...

So where are pictures of this cute little boy?? I want to see him!