Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Flowers & Gardening...& other stuff going on

This past weekend was a gorgeous weather weekend. I decided to be productive and start getting plants ready...hopefully ready to live and prosper this season. I decided a trip to Home Depot was in order to get all my plants and dirt. After looking and pondering for a while, an emotional turmoil began. My Dad wanted the flowers my Mom planted last year, and I said I would look for them. Well, we could not remember the name of them for sure, but had an idea. After calling my Dad and making a poor Home Depot woman worker feel awkward, I think I got the right ones. So, I called my Dad about 3-4 times while I was at Home Depot...no big deal you might think, but I am usually calling my Mom to ask should I get this or that, will this grow, can this go in full sun, is this ok for the dogs, etc., etc. So, it was another harsh realization that she is gone and it all stemmed from a plant and a trip to Home Depot.  (By the way my Dad did answer all my questions that I had...so I was not left in the dark 1 :) ) 

So after that, I spent the day outside planting flowers and playing in the dirt. 


So,in other news.... Well, I have quit my job as of last Friday. It was not the right fit, if you need details you can email me to ask. And Derek is changing jobs. He is making a new career move in the next few weeks....details to come later. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mai said...

Glad to hear you got the right stuff you needed! Working in the dirt is very therapeutic - I hope you enjoyed your time.