Sunday, January 13, 2008

Last week in my 20s....

So this is it. My last week of being in my 20s. I turn 30 a week from today. That pretty much freaks me out. I know people keep telling me it is not a big deal but to me it kind of is...for so many reasons. I am approaching being on this Earth for 3 decades and what have I accomplished? Of course, there are things I have accomplished and things I wish I would have already completed but it is just a looming feeling I have. I cannot explain, and I am probably considered crazy for my panic of entering the world of being 30. I know a lot has to do with the fact that this is a big birthday and my Mom is not here to celebrate it with me. I do long for her to send me my birthday wishes, but the I know that is not possible. So, I must find some peace in the fact that I am beginning a new chapter without her whether I want to or not. I must realize that these new birthdays will be different and could be something to look forward to. I must accept my life as it is and not what it was. So many changes happened in my 20s and not all were bad (I met Derek and we got married!) but there were definitely life altering events that changed my path in life. So I guess 30 could be much better and I should approach it that way...but easier said than done thus far.

I am rambling and I realize that. In one week I approach a new decade. I will not be in my usual location to celebrate so that will help. Derek and I will be having fun in Oregon...and I am looking forward to that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a couple of other good things...

- yes, we did get married. that one is pretty good (most of the time)
- we moved to NB and met some great friends
- miller, bido, pokey and keke (need i say more)
- dj dnice was born
- the cmo dance was also born
- you pretty much went to wurstfest every year of your twenties (that is impressive)
- i've got you (i'm pretty happy about that)

there are just a few things that went good in your twamps.

Jan Hall said...

i can tell you by experience...if you are having a hard time with 30,then 40, 50,and 60 will be a snap! i did the same thing. 30 really was a hard birthday for me, but the rest were just a day. i too and pretty happy derek got you! he is a lucky man!

Elizabeth Mai said...

I know - 30 - crazy! When I first read this, I thought, no way, she can't be turning 30! And then I realized, yes she can, and so am I later this year! I didn't think I would care either, but I'm already having issues with it. It's weird. But Happy Early Birthday!!! And have fun in Oregon - it's beautiful up there!
Love, Elizabeth