How does this happen? Ok, so here is the story. Derek and I decided to order pizza last week from a local pizza place. We had waited for about an hour and still no pizza had arrived. We got a phone call on the house phone from the pizza place asking if the delivery driver had tried to call us. Well....apparently he was stuck in the mud and had our pizza. (Yes, that is his truck above in the mud!) So I told the lady we lived on all paved roads. She seemed to disagree but told me the driver would call me. He did a few minutes later. So see what happened was....the driver was trying to go down a road that is parallel to our street but the direction he came from it is not finished nor connected by pavement all the way. So I kind of felt bad at first....but the guy was not a teenager but a 40+ year old adult AND he went around barracades and through clay mud!
So, I got side tracked from the main story.....
Derek & I got in the car (the jetta because Derek did not want the guy to ask us to help pull him out). We went about 4 blocks to get our pizza. We pulled up to the dead end & barricades. I got out to get the pizza and this guy comes sludging through the mud....by the way he lost one of his shoes because the mud was so thick. At this point I am trying really hard not to laugh out loud. While I am getting the pizza, 2 police cars pull up. I am taking the pizza out of the warmer (yes, it was still warm) and putting the check in the guy's pocket. I then walk carefully back to the car with the pizza to Derek and the female police officer. The officers were answering a call about fireworks and thought it might be this guy....little did they know it was our pizza! So the female officer talked to us and was shocked that the guy drove past the barricades in mud and made us pay for our pizza.
So one would think that the officers would pull this guy out or help....NOPE. There was a buddy of the delivery driver there and he was offering to help. So the cops left and so did we.
Derek went back the next morning the truck was still there, but was gone by that evening. I don't know but to me it was a very funny night and I still chuckle looking at the photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment