Thursday, August 30, 2007

South Padre 8.24.07 & Fred Snappy!


So Derek and I headed to South Padre Island this past weekend for a little getaway and our 6 year anniversary! We stayed at one of our friend's condos, so we were able to take the dogs with us. (Thanks Stacy!!) We got in Friday night and had a great dinner and watched the fireworks. Saturday we went deep sea fishing. You have to get up at the crack of dawn (or "old man time" as Derek calls it). The boat left at 7am but we had to be there at 6:30am! We went about 26-28 miles out into the ocean. We had a bet on who would catch the most fish...Derek won! He guessed exactly that he would catch 7 and I said I would catch 4 (I only caught 3!). (The pictures are below of our fishing trip.) Then Stacy came down Saturday night and we went and had our red snapper cooked for us....yum, yum! Sunday we attempted on going to the beach with the dogs, but it was more of a challenge than we anticipated. So we stayed for a while with them but ended up bringing them back and going back without the doggies. We layed in some chairs and people watched for 4 hours. We had all sorts of stories made up about the people around us. Very interesting crowd on the beach. I am sure they were saying the same thing about us. :) We came home on Monday and the doggies and us were happy to be back in our own house.

So that was how we spent our 6 year anniversary!


Meet my fish Mr. Fred Snappy. He weighed 19 pounds! He's the biggest fish I have ever caught...ok, that is not saying much since I have been fishing maybe 3 times! It took what seemed an hour to reel him in...but I think it was more like 15 minutes. It was very fun, but I was TIRED after getting Mr. Fred on the boat!
Derek and I with our fish at the end of the day! Derek actually caught 7 fish and I caught 3 but the red snapper limit was 2 each...so we only got to keep 4! We are the proud little fishermen! We actually went on Saturday (8.25.07) and it was our 6 year anniversary!!
Derek not taking the picture fast enough! I am about to drop Fred and the other fish! I did get a trophy too! It says "Best Catch of the Day!" I think my hand was about to fall off and if you can't tell I am in pain from holding the fish! By the way if you ever want to go Deep Sea Fishing go with this group http://www.captmurphys.com/index.html We had a great time with Captain Murphy and crew!
Derek at the beach with the dogs. Don't be fooled by how calm they look! Pokey chased every sea gull he could and Miller was just Miller. It was fun for a little bit at the beach but needless to say we did not spend the whole day at the beach with the dogs as we had orginally intended on doing! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: