Good Evening –
Hope that everyone is doing well and they have enjoyed their weekend. The weather has been nice here, and it has been great! Well, I thought I would send an update of what has been going on since it has been a month since the last time I emailed an update.
My Mom & Dad
We head back to MD Anderson this week for her CT Scan, X-rays and lab work. She has been on this experimental drug now for 2 cycles (8 weeks). This will be her for first round of tests since she has been on this trial. We will find out on Friday the results, and if it the cancer has stayed the same or gotten better then she will continue on this experimental drug. This trial requires her to take 8 chemo pills a day. She seems to be doing well. She is experiencing some side effects from the chemo, but nothing that they did not warn her about. She is still having the neuropathy in her hands and feet, which causes her balance to be a little unstable. About 2 weeks ago she had to get an MRI on her brain to check things out. Everything was clear on her MRI and the Spine & Brain Doctor said the unstableness she is having is from the neuropathy. I think that the warmer weather is helping some with the pain of it, but it is still a problem for her. She has been working hard as usual at the office and at home. Overall she is doing well. This Thursday (March 29th) is her one-year anniversary since her cancer diagnosis. Hard to believe it has been one year. My Dad is doing well. He is staying busy with taxes and any other side projects he has. He has planted a garden again this year….so there will be plenty of peppers again this year!
Derek & I
Derek is still working hard and playing lots of golf these days. He is almost 2 months into his marathon training. The San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon is in June and he is enjoying his Team in Training experience again. (He is actually running 8 miles in the morning before work because he missed his run on Saturday! Doesn’t that sound fun!!) He is headed to Las Vegas this week for a golf tournament with a bunch of guys…I’m sure he will have a fun time.
I have been working a lot at Clear Springs since we have been home for a while. I also joined LA Weightloss about 5 weeks ago. It was time to change the diet…..but I did not do so well today. Gave in to temptation! Oh well, it happens. I have lost about 17.5lbs and 14 inches as of last week. So it appears to be working. I just started back working out this past week. Working out has not really been in my life since the marathon in October. Running just did not sound too fun after you run 26.2 miles in one day! So I hope to continue working out and sticking to the diet, and reap the benefits!! It has not been that hard to do the diet, but it does take a lot of planning which I am not good at when it comes to my eating. I just want Mexican food, and for some reason that is not on the plan!
So, that is the big news around here. We hope everyone is doing well. We also thank all of you for the continued prayers for my Mom and our family. This is another important trip to MD Anderson. We are praying for the best news possible and hope that she will continue on this treatment. Thank you all for your love and support over this past year. Our lives have changed a lot but we have learned so much about ourselves and what is important to us. It has only brought us closer as a family. We cherish each of you and we hope you are all doing well.
Love –Crystal
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment